The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Tommy Robredo's 31-year old legs can still motor through the dirt.
• While her Slovakian teammates are playing in the Fed Cup this week in Quebec, Dominika Cibulkova chose to fly all the way to Kuala Lumpur. She was also pleased that after finally breaking into the top 10, she didn't have to answer questions about her inability to do so.
“Finally, I am in the top 10 and don’t have to answer questions about it.
“Of course, I want to go further as I am playing good tennis. I am ready to do better,” said Dominika.
“I will take it one match at a time but of course, I am going to do 100 per cent here,” said Dominika, who turned professional in 2004.
Dominika said she is still jet-lagged but hopes to overcome it before her first round match.
“So far, it has been terrible as I travelled from the US, so it was not easy waking up in the morning today.
• The French Open has increased its prize money by over 10 percent to $34.5 million.
• Novak Djokovic needed just 13 games in 45 minutes to kick off his title defense at the Monte Carlo Masters.
• Listen to Djokovic work his French skills in this interview with L'Equipe. I guess he wants to be able to deliver his Roland Garros victory speech in French.
• Injury news: Fernando Verdasco (groin) and Richard Gasquet (back) pulled out of Monte Carlo.
• H&M is trolling Tomas Berdych again (JEAN CHRISTOPHE MAGNENET/AFP/Getty Images):
• Ben Rothenberg and I sat down with Andrea Petkovic at the Family Circle Cup for a hilarious chat for the No Challenges Remaining podcast. She talks about ATP/WTA gossip, makes fun of Coldplay and explains her metaphysical love for books (she's reading Infinite Jest in both German and English). • Non-tennis: The new trailer for David Fincher's adaptation of Gone Girl.