The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Was Rafael Nadal trying to catch Teymuraz Gabashvili's racket here? Or was he so focused on tracking the ball that he didn't see the racket flying in the air until the very last minute?
• Roger Federer says he'll skip out on tennis if needed so he can be at Mirka's side for the birth of their next child. Federer hasn't revealed the due date to the media, but the Federers announced that Mirka was expecting at the end of December, which means she may deliver sometime around the French Open and Wimbledon.
"It's a priority for me trying to be there, trying to support my wife,'' Federer said Wednesday at the Monte Carlo Masters. ''I've played enough tennis matches. Missing a tournament or missing a match wouldn't change anything for me.''
• The most impressive/surprising scoreline of a tame day at the Monte Carlo Masters: Stanislas Wawrinka d. Marin Cilic 6-0, 6-2 in just 46 minutes.
• Some chatter before the big Fed Cup tie between Germany and Australia.
• From Facebook: Here's what Andy Murray will be wearing on clay:
• Here's Nadal wagging his finger at umpire Pascal Maria today after he received a time violation and was broken:
• The Rally for Bally will take place this summer during the British grass swing, with exhibition matches featuring Murray, Martina Navratilova, Tim Henman, Laura Robson, and more, taking place at Queen's Club, Birmingham, and Eastbourne to raise money and awareness for cancer treatment and patients. Former British No. 1 Elena Baltacha -- or "Bally" as the Brits call her -- recently announced she had been diagnosed with liver cancer. Here's how you can donate.
• Non-tennis: One of the best coffee descriptions
I've ever read.