Daily Bagel: Rafael Nadal wins his 300th match on clay
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: In honor of Rafael Nadal's 300th clay win, here is a song dedicated to him called "Vamos Rafa."
• Behind the numbers: Rafael Nadal got his 300th win on clay today.
• Nick Bollitieri tells The Telegraph that winning Wimbledon with Andre Agassi was his greatest tennis memory.
"He called me about four days before the tournament and said: ‘Let’s go to Boca Raton to practise’. He had a girlfriend there, Wendi. We played golf, hit with [Robert] Seguso for 30 minutes.
"Then we got to England and he gave a clinic. They said ‘Andre, where you been?’ He said ‘I been practising for two weeks.’ We hadn’t hit one ball on grass, but he went on to win the title.
“He had the ladies from England trying to buy those short shorts for Chrissakes. He turned the crowd on, he really did. He had a way, man. He had ‘em jumping, man. When he retired at the US Open, the concession stands stopped to hear his speech. Everybody stopped. Not many people can do that.”
• Friday's quarterfinal lineup at the Monte Carlo Masters is worth setting your alarm for (play begins at 4:30 a.m. ET): Rafael Nadal vs. David Ferrer, Roger Federer vs. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Stanislas Wawrinka vs. Milos Raonic and Novak Djokovic vs. Guillermo Garcia-Lopez.
• Kudos if you immediately recognized Li Na in the top photos of this post. I didn't.
• Five questions with Steve Johnson, who is now at a career-high No. 68.
• Video: Some funny bits from WTA All-Access Hour in Charleston, with Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard and Sloane Stephens. Not surprisingly, Jelena Jankovic steals the show.
http://youtu.be/PU1kvznynDU• Non-tennis: Boston, One Year On, by S.L. Price.