The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Nice way for Fernando Verdasco to close out his victory over Kenny De Schepper at the Barcelona Open on Wednesday. Verdasco, however, lost to Nicolas Almagro in the third round on Thursday.
I get a lot of comments from people saying I’ve really improved. It’s a nice thing to hear, but it probably means I had a long way to go when I started (laughs). It was a new challenge back in 2003, but it takes time and reps and experience to gain a feel and appreciation of how to do this. I’m happy people were patient.
• Grigor Dimitrov's three words to describe himself are ...
• Another increase in the Wimbledon purse could lead to a reduced financial contribution for the British game, according to The Independent.
• USA Today's Doug Robson on how a trophy found at a garage sale revived a forgotten champion's legacy.
• Bernard Tomic, who has fallen to No. 71 because of limited play after hip surgery, has entered qualifying tournaments for Madrid and Rome.
• A former USTA CEO is part of a task force exploring ways to increase participation in golf, which has lost five million players in the last decade. • Non-tennis: Grantland's dictionary for the summer blockbuster movies.