Daily Bagel: Roger Federer's huge new house will easily fit the family of six
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: The top five hot shots from the Italian Open.
• Check out these photos of Roger Federer's family's new house in Wollerau -- it's ridiculous.
• It looks like Novak Djokovic has learned how to control Rafael Nadal on clay -- just in time for the French Open.
Djokovic unloaded with his forehand from all over the court, hitting equally nine groundstroke winners from the deuce and ad courts. The other four forehand winners were all returns that shared the same subtle strategy element – directed to Nadal’s forehand. With Nadal expecting Djokovic to return to his backhand, Djokovic hit two forehand return winners from both the deuce and ad courts in a smart surprise strategy that caught Nadal backing away towards the deuce court. Nadal is always looking to initially step to his right to hit a forehand with the first shot after the serve, so this clever strategy worked perfectly for the Serb.
• It's officially Stan the Man:
From now on it's only "Stan" Wawrinka, no Stanislas anymore. It's official #atppic.twitter.com/bdmG6p2bwB
— LetsTalkTennis (@letstalktennis1) May 19, 2014
• Djokovic donated all his Rome prize money to flood relief in Serbia.
• Rory McIlroy tells the story of how he proposed to Caroline (and how a drunk guy nearly ruined the moment).
• Grigor Dimitrov, Sloane Stephens and Eugenie Bouchard make the list of the 50 most marketable athletes who actually aren't the 50 most marketable athletes. • Non-tennis: California Chrome will be able to run in the Belmont Stakes with his nasal strip.