The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Until next year, Roland Garros.
• Judy Murray approves of her son hiring Amelie Mauresmo.
I certainly think women tend to listen more and spend more time getting to know their charges as people. The more you know your player as a person, the easier it is to find the right way to communicate with them.
Of course, there are lots of great male coaches out there but there are many who are “It’s my way or the highway”. They’re not really interested in listening to what the player has to say. It’s just a case of “I’m the boss and this is how it should be”.
But there’s always two sides to everything and if you listen, you’re more likely to make a suggestion that actually fits the player you’re working with.
I saw one report that mentioned the possible “stigma” of a woman coaching a man. There shouldn’t be any at all. It’s a bold move but I think it’s a very good move. And it raises awareness.
• Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov get papped while walking around London.
• Andy Murray says his early loss at Queen's could help his Wimbledon preparation because he now has time to rest.
• Dustin Brown's big win over Rafael Nadal as told in GIFs.
• Fabio Fognini and Flavia Pennetta enjoyed some time on the beach.
• Here's what Sharapova, Dimitrov, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka will be wearing at Wimbledon.
• An injured Marinko Matosevic somehow beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga on Thursday at Queen's.
• Non-tennis: SI's Greg Bishop reports from Manaus
, the city in the middle of the Amazon where the U.S. will play its World Cup group matches.