Daily Bagel: Serena Williams makes Fortune's Fortunate 50 list
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Here's the entirety of the Rally for Bally exhibition at Queen's Club on Sunday, with Andy Murray, Victoria Azarenka, Martina Hingis and a cameo from Laura Robson.
• Serena Williams makes Fortune's list of the 50 highest earning American athletes.
Williams has made this list once before, in 2008. With a list of endorsement deals that is high, but not nearly high enough on its own to put her on, her inclusion depends on high on-the-court earnings. In 2013, she made it happen: Serena finished No. 1 overall for WTA prize money, almost double Victoria Azarenka. Her sponsors are Wilson, Gatorade, Mission Athletecare, Sheets energy strips, Home Shopping Network, OPI nails, Mobli, Nike, Beats by Dre and Berlei.
• Happy 34th birthday, Venus Williams.
• Should Wimbledon go back to a 16-seed format? Short answer: Yes.
• From WTA Backspin: Is Ana Ivanovic finally back?
• Robson was not impressed by the sexist coverage of Simona Halep during the French Open.• Non-tennis: Here's Alex Morgan and the U.S. Women's National Team celebrating last night's win over Ghana.