Martellus Bennett offers his unique take on the Bears, a sequel to Kazaam and—of course—dinosaurs
I didn’t want to cheat the system, so these are literally the first 10 things that came to my mind. That’s the point, right?
1. I think there should be more mythical creatures as NFL mascots. You could have the Griffins, or the Loch Ness Monsters. It doesn’t get much better than the Griffins. You could have the Black Unicorns, my nickname. Pegasus wouldn’t be that great of a team mascot, but it would be a cool nickname for an offense.
2. I think it’s not easy being beautiful.
3. I think—no, I wonder—are clownfish the only fish that can swim backwards?
4. I think I love dinosaurs. I have a comic I created that should come out next year that's about dinosaurs. I hear there’s a new dinosaur exhibit at Chicago's Brookfield Zoo. I need to go to that ASAP. Dinosaurs still exist. Trust me.
6. I think I need to write my goals for the season down soon! I write them down every year. They’re all-around goals. I like to keep most of them to myself, but this year I’d like to be more involved in the community. I haven’t been as involved as I should have been in the past. I need to get involved in Chicago.
7. I think dreams come true.
8. I think Kazaam 2 would be dope with me in it.
9. I think this is an important time of the year. With a new coach, no one knows any of his rules. It’s like when you start dating a new girl; you’ve got to get to know that person and figure out all the things she likes. I think it’s an important thing to do when anybody comes into power, like when Obama came into office. You’ve got to know what he’s about, and he’s got to establish his rules early.
10. I think everybody on this team has a chip on their shoulder, individually and as a team. When you get guys together with that kind of hunger, it’s a special thing.