Recently retired Donald Driver isn't pining for his days as a player, he's spending his time with family, charity and ... One Direction?
1. I think the Packers will have a great season this year, with James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and Jermichael Finley being one of the best receiving corps in the NFL. Packers fans are the most loyal, passionate fans in the world. I hope the Lombardi Trophy will reside on Lombardi Avenue again soon.
2. I think I would be nowhere without my amazing wife Betina. When I met her in college, I was going down the wrong path. She put her foot down and helped make me the man I am today.
3. I think One Direction looked great at the MTV VMAs. My favorite musicians are eclectic: Gladys Knight, Gavin Degraw, Brian McKnight and Cowboy Troy. Now, with One Direction, my kids and I can enjoy the same group.
4. I think I hope people will enjoy my memoir, Driven: From Homeless to Hero, available in October. My goal is to positively impact others and inspire people to overcome their obstacles, and help a few young people learn from some of my mistakes.
5. I think watching my father pass away was difficult. It reminds me to live life to the fullest every day and always remind your family how much you love them. We never know when our last chapter is being written.
6. I think retiring from football has opened up doors for my other passions. It allowed me to tap into my philanthropic side a lot more, and work with kids, which is something I’ve always wanted to do.
7. I really think that kids are our future, and we as adults have to find ways to nurture them, and get them excited about learning. I try to identify partners who share my passion, and I’ve actually gotten involved with Target for their “Give With Target” Campaign, which is giving $5 million to needy schools.
8. think retirement has also allowed me opportunities I could never have dreamed of—attending the White House Correspondent’s Dinner, appearing on some great television shows, launching the Driven to Achieve Awards and, most importantly, more vacation time with the family!
9. I think I don't miss football at all right now, but we will see when regular season games start. I do know that I love watching my three kids play sports and do other activities.
10. Grey’s Anatomy Scandal I am ready for a guest appearance!