Thoughts of a Punter
1. I think our team is in a position right now that we like best—one of strength where we are perceived to be an underdog. That’s when we do our best work.
2. I think the one play I will never forget is holding the game-winning field goal as Lawrence Tynes kicked the Giants to their second Super Bowl appearance in four years. [Weatherford's reaction is pictured above.]
3. I think playing a Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium would be an amazing experience to share with the fans in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Especially after all we have been through as a community after Hurricane Sandy and the tragedy of Sandy Hook Elementary School.
4. I think the most important things in my life are family, football and paying my good blessings forward to inspire and motivate the youth of the NY/NJ community. There is no greater feeling than to be blessed with the kind of career I have and to be able to help others because of it.
5. I think Coach Tom Coughlin is timeless. He has coached in four different decades, and he never fails to “reach” the player. He is a master motivator.
6. I think when we play Dallas, I watch more of the game on the giant video screen than I do live play. It’s mesmerizing! I wanna play Call of Duty on that monster!
7. I think the season is more difficult for my wife and three children than it is for me. They make a lot of sacrifices to ensure I’m rested physically and mentally every Sunday.
8. I think whether you are a professional athlete on the field or a businessman or woman behind a desk every day—your mind and body perform best when you are physically and mentally conditioned.
9. I think health and fitness defy age. Plain and simple. There is no food that tastes as good as being fit feels.
10. you can never own too many pairs of shoes