The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Amazing pic:
• Video: Rafael Nadal has already left the hospital after his surgery and everything is fine.
• Borna Coric will be teaming up with the newly-engaged Zeljko Krajan. That is a lot of intensity on one team.
• Dominic Thiem's year-end review: "The most important thing I learned in that year was that the tour is mega tough. But mega noble." Mega.
• Now Thiem begins his six-month stint in the Austrian army. He will still be playing on tour.
• Linda Pearce for The Age reports Patrick Rafter is taking a bigger role at Tennis Australia, where he steps into the role of director of performance.
• According to the Italian prosecutor, Daniel Bracciali has admitted to some charges of match-fixing. Former WTA player Mara Santangelo has also been implicated in the investigation.
• Ben Rothenberg on the demise of indoor tennis.
• Perhaps inspired by their trip to the New York Rangers game last week, Serena Williams and Caroline Wozniacki decided to do a little figure skating in New York. How about those moves from Serena:
A video posted by Caroline Wozniacki (@carowozniacki) on
As the two continue to Thelma and Louise-it through NYC, they went to a New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden, where Caroline was reunited with her favorite pre-marathon snack:
A photo posted by Caroline Wozniacki (@carowozniacki) on
And then there's this:
Et billede slået op af Caroline Wozniacki (@carowozniacki) i