The Rice Owls (0-2) will try to defy oddsmakers when they hit the field against the Texas Longhorns (1-1) on Saturday, September 18, 2021 as an overwhelming 26-point underdog. A total of 52.5 points has been set for this matchup.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Texas vs. Rice
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Saturday's total is 11.0 points higher than the combined 41.5 PPG average of the two teams.
- These two squads surrender a combined 70 points per game, 17.5 more than this contest's over/under.
- The average total in Longhorns games this season is 57.8, 5.3 points above Saturday's over/under of 52.5.
- In 2021, games involving the Owls have averaged a total of 51.0 points, 1.5 fewer than this game's set over/under.
Texas Stats and Trends
- Thus far this season Texas has one win against the spread.
- The Longhorns put up 11.5 fewer points per game (29.5) than the Owls allow (41.0).
- The Longhorns collect 37.5 fewer yards per game (345.5), than the Owls allow per matchup (383.0).
- This year, the Longhorns have turned the ball over two times, one more than the Owls' takeaways (1).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Texas at SISportsbook.
Rice Stats and Trends
- Rice is winless against the spread this season.
- The Owls score 17.0 fewer points per game (12.0) than the Longhorns allow (29.0).
- The Owls rack up 154.5 fewer yards per game (260.0) than the Longhorns allow per matchup (414.5).
- The Owls have turned the ball over six times this season, four more turnovers than the Longhorns have forced (2).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Texas Top Players
- Hudson Card has thrown for 224 yards while completing 66.7% of his passes (14-of-21), with two touchdowns and zero interceptions this year (224.0 yards per game).
- Bijan Robinson has rushed for a team-leading 103 yards on 20 attempts (103.0 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown. He also averages 73.0 receiving yards per game, grabbing four passes for 73 yards and one touchdown.
- So far this year Keilan Robinson has run for 41 yards on eight carries (41.0 ypg).
- Jordan Whittington has seven catches, leading his team with 113 yards (113.0 ypg) while also scoring one touchdown this season.
- Xavier Worthy has 34 receiving yards on one catches, averaging 34.0 yards per game.
Rice Top Players
- This year, Wiley Green has put up 152 passing yards (152.0 yards per game) while going 12-for-25 (48% completion percentage) and throwing one touchdown and three interceptions.
- Khalan Griffin has churned out a team-high 35 rushing yards (35.0 yards per game).
- Jordan Myers has rushed for 23 yards on 10 carries (23.0 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- August Pitre III has four catches and paces his team with 97 receiving yards (97.0 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- Jake Bailey has also added four receptions for 47 yards.
- Bradley Rozner is averaging 30.0 yards per game, racking up two receptions for 30 yards.