The No. 23 BYU Cougars (2-0) will try to prove oddsmakers wrong when they play the No. 19 Arizona State Sun Devils (2-0) on Saturday, September 18, 2021 as 3.5-point underdogs. The total for this game has been set at 51 points.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Arizona State vs. BYU
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Saturday's over/under is 13.0 points lower than the two team's combined 64 points per game average.
- These two squads combine to allow 28.5 points per game, 22.5 fewer than this contest's over/under.
- Sun Devils games this season feature an average total of 55.5 points, a number 4.5 points higher than Saturday's over/under.
- The 52.3 PPG average total in Cougars games this season is 1.3 points more than this game's over/under.
Arizona State Stats and Trends
- This season, the Sun Devils are winless against the spread when entering a game as a favorite of 3.5 points or more.
- The Sun Devils rack up 39.0 points per game, 22.5 more than the Cougars surrender per outing (16.5).
- When Arizona State puts up more than 16.5 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- The Sun Devils rack up 58.5 more yards per game (441.5) than the Cougars give up per outing (383.0).
- Arizona State is 0-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when the team churns out over 383.0 yards.
- The Sun Devils have three turnovers this season, equal to the number of takeaways for the Cougars.
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Arizona State at SISportsbook.
BYU Stats and Trends
- BYU has one win against the spread in two games this season.
- This year, the Cougars won ATS in their only game as an underdog of 3.5 points or more.
- This year the Cougars score 13.0 more points per game (25.0) than the Sun Devils give up (12.0).
- BYU is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall in games when it records more than 12.0 points.
- The Cougars rack up 178.5 more yards per game (368.0) than the Sun Devils allow (189.5).
- In games that BYU picks up over 189.5 yards, the team is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- This season the Cougars have zero turnovers, four fewer than the Sun Devils have takeaways (4).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Arizona State Top Players
- Jayden Daniels leads the team with 132 passing yards (132.0 yards per game) and has a 83.3% completion percentage this year (10-of-12) . He also has 40 rushing yards on six carries, averaging 40.0 yards per game.
- Rachaad White has run for a team-leading 58 yards on seven carries (58.0 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- DeaMonte Trayanum has run for 52 yards on six carries (52.0 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Curtis Hodges has two catches and paces his team with 56 receiving yards (56.0 ypg).
- Andre Johnson has contributed with two catches for 37 yards this year. He averages 37.0 receiving yards per game.
- Ricky Pearsall is averaging 27.0 yards per game, racking up two receptions for 27 yards.
BYU Top Players
- This year, Jaren Hall has put up 198 passing yards (198.0 yards per game) while going 18-for-28 (64.3% completion percentage) and throwing two touchdowns and zero interceptions. He has added 36 rushing yards on five carries, averaging 36.0 yards per game.
- Tyler Allgeier has 17 carries for a team-high 94 rushing yards (94.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Neil Pau'u has eight catches, leading his team with 126 yards (126.0 ypg) while hauling in two touchdowns this season.
- Keanu Hill has hauled in three catches for 22 yards (22.0 yards per game).
- Chris Jackson has racked up 20 yards on two receptions, averaging 20.0 yards per game.