The Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (1-2, 0-0 MWC) are 6.5-point underdogs in a home MWC matchup against the San Jose State Spartans (1-1, 0-0 MWC) on Sunday, September 19, 2021 at the Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex . The contest has an over/under of 61 points.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for San Jose State vs. Hawaii
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
San Jose State
- Sunday's over/under is 6.3 points higher than the combined 54.7 PPG average of the two teams.
- The 63.3 points per game these two squads have allowed their opponents to score this season are 2.3 more than the 61 over/under in this contest.
- Spartans games have an average total of 57.8 points this season, 3.2 fewer than Sunday's over/under.
- The 61-point over/under for this game is 5.5 points below the 66.5 points per game average total in Rainbow Warriors games this season.
San Jose State Stats and Trends
- San Jose State has one win against the spread in two games this year.
- The Spartans covered the spread in their only game when favored by 6.5 points or more.
- This year, the Spartans average 15.3 fewer points per game (26.0) than the Rainbow Warriors surrender (41.3).
- The Spartans collect just 16.2 fewer yards per game (459.5) than the Rainbow Warriors allow per outing (475.7).
- The Spartans have turned the ball over four times this season, one fewer than the Rainbow Warriors have forced (5).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for San Jose State at SISportsbook.
Hawaii Stats and Trends
- Thus far this year Hawaii is winless against the spread.
- The Rainbow Warriors have yet to cover the spread this season when underdogs by 6.5 points or more.
- This season the Rainbow Warriors score 6.7 more points per game (28.7) than the Spartans surrender (22.0).
- When Hawaii records more than 22.0 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- The Rainbow Warriors average 99.0 more yards per game (432.0) than the Spartans give up (333.0).
- Hawaii is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when the team amasses more than 333.0 yards.
- The Rainbow Warriors have turned the ball over eight times this season, seven more turnovers than the Spartans have forced (1).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
San Jose State Top Players
- Nick Starkel has passed for 702 yards while completing 54.8% of his throws (40-of-73), with four touchdowns and three interceptions (351.0 yards per game).
- Tyler Nevens has taken 27 carries for a team-leading 149 rushing yards (74.5 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- So far this year Kairee Robinson has rushed for 18 yards on seven carries (9.0 ypg). Robinson also helps out in the passing game, catching five passes for 50 (25.0 ypg).
- This season Derrick Deese, Jr. has six catches and leads the team with 135 yards (67.5 per game) while hauling in one touchdown.
- Isaiah Hamilton has chipped in with eight catches for 131 yards this year. He averages 65.5 receiving yards per game.
- Charles Ross is averaging 62.0 yards per game, racking up six receptions for 124 yards and one touchdown.
Hawaii Top Players
- This year, Chevan Cordeiro has recorded 525 passing yards (262.5 yards per game) while going 43-for-72 (59.7% completion percentage) and throwing four touchdowns and three interceptions. He has tacked on 77 rushing yards on 27 carries, averaging 38.5 yards per game.
- Dae Dae Hunter has taken 23 carries for a team-leading 148 rushing yards (74.0 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- This season Calvin Turner Jr. has 10 catches and leads the team with 132 yards (66.0 per game).
- Nick Mardner has hauled in seven catches for 132 yards (66.0 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Jared Smart has caught five passes for 105 yards and one touchdown, averaging 52.5 receiving yards per game.