The Marshall Thundering Herd (2-1) are one-touchdown underdogs on Thursday, September 23, 2021 against the Appalachian State Mountaineers (2-1). The point total for the game is set at 58.5.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Appalachian State vs. Marshall
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Appalachian State has not yet combined with its opponents to score more than 58.5 points in a game this year.
- Marshall and its opponents have combined to score more than 58.5 points in one game this season.
- Thursday's total is 18.5 points lower than the two team's combined 77 points per game average.
- These two squads combine to surrender 37.7 points per game, 20.8 fewer than this contest's over/under.
- Mountaineers games have an average total of 55.2 points this season, 3.3 fewer than Thursday's over/under.
- In 2021, games involving the Thundering Herd have averaged a total of 52.3 points, 6.2 fewer than this game's set over/under.
Appalachian State Stats and Trends
- So far this season Appalachian State has two wins against the spread.
- This season, the Mountaineers have one against the spread win in two games as a favorite of 7 points or more.
- Appalachian State's games this year have gone over the total in one out of three opportunities (33.3%).
- This year, the Mountaineers score 13.6 more points per game (33.3) than the Thundering Herd surrender (19.7).
- Appalachian State is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall this season when the team scores more than 19.7 points.
- The Mountaineers collect 67.0 more yards per game (446.3) than the Thundering Herd give up per contest (379.3).
- When Appalachian State churns out more than 379.3 yards, the team is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- This year, the Mountaineers have three turnovers, two fewer than the Thundering Herd have takeaways (5).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Appalachian State at SISportsbook.
Marshall Stats and Trends
- Marshall has covered the spread on one occasion this year.
- Marshall's games this season have gone over the total in three out of three opportunities.
- The Thundering Herd score 25.7 more points per game (43.7) than the Mountaineers give up (18.0).
- Marshall is 1-2 against the spread and 2-1 overall in games when it scores more than 18.0 points.
- The Thundering Herd rack up 254.7 more yards per game (603.7) than the Mountaineers allow (349.0).
- Marshall is 1-2 against the spread and 2-1 overall when the team amasses over 349.0 yards.
- The Thundering Herd have turned the ball over nine times this season, five more turnovers than the Mountaineers have forced (4).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed