For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Chiefs vs. Chargers
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Kansas City played 10 games with over 54 points scored, its current matchup's total, last year.
- Los Angeles played eight games last season (50% of chances) in which the teams combined to score more than 54 points.
- The Chiefs and the Chargers combined to average 0.4 fewer points per game a season ago than the over/under of 54 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 4.8 fewer points per game (49.2) last season than this game's total of 54 points.
- The average total the Chiefs had set in matchups last year was 2.4 fewer points than this outing's point total.
- The average point total for the Chargers in 2020 was 6.8 points less than this game's over/under.
Chiefs stats and trends
- Kansas City compiled a 7-9-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Chiefs covered the spread three times last season (3-8 ATS) when playing as at least 7-point favorites.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total eight times in Kansas City's games.
- The Chiefs scored three more points per game (29.6) than the Chargers allowed (26.6) last year.
- When Kansas City put up more than 26.6 points last year, it was 6-5 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
- The Chiefs collected 415.8 yards per game last season, 72.4 more yards than the 343.4 the Chargers gave up per contest.
- Kansas City was 6-10 against the spread and 14-2 overall when the team totaled more than 343.4 yards last year.
- The Chiefs had 16 giveaways last year, while the Chargers had 19 takeaways.
- Click over to SISportsbook and find the latest odds on this matchup.
Chargers stats and trends
- Los Angeles won nine games against the spread last season, while failing to cover seven times.
- The Chargers were an underdog by 7 points or more three times last season, and covered the spread in each of those games.
- Last season, nine of Los Angeles' games hit the over.
- The Chargers averaged 24 points per game last season, comparable to the 22.6 the Chiefs allowed.
- Los Angeles was 5-3 against the spread and 4-4 overall in games when it put up over 22.6 points last year.
- The Chargers averaged 23.8 more yards per game (382.1) than the Chiefs allowed per matchup (358.3) last year.
- When Los Angeles churned out over 358.3 yards last year, the team was 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall.
- Last season the Chargers had 16 turnovers, six fewer than the Chiefs had takeaways (22).
Home and road insights
- Kansas City was 3-5 against the spread, and 6-2 overall, at home last season.
- As 7-point favorites or greater at home last year, the Chiefs were 3-4 ATS.
- Kansas City hit the over in four of eight home games last year.
- The average total in Chiefs home games last season was 50.8 points, 3.2 fewer than this matchup's over/under (54).
- Last season away from home, Los Angeles was 5-3 against the spread and 3-5 overall.
- Last season, in eight away games, Los Angeles went over the total six times.
- Chargers away games last season averaged 46.5 total points, 7.5 fewer than this contest's over/under (54).
Powered by Data Skrive.