The Ball State Cardinals (1-3) will look to prove oddsmakers wrong when they play the Army Black Knights (4-0) on Saturday, October 2, 2021 as a 9-point underdog. An over/under of 47.5 is set in the contest.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Army vs. Ball State
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Army and its opponents have gone over the current 47.5-point total in three of four games (75%) this season.
- Ball State and its opponents have combined to score more than 47.5 points in two games this season.
- The combined points per game average of the two teams, 56, is 8.5 points above Saturday's over/under.
- This contest's total is 4.5 points lower than the 52 these two squads combine to give up per game in 2021.
- The average total in Black Knights games this season is 50.0, 2.5 points more than Saturday's total of 47.5.
- In 2021, games involving the Cardinals have averaged a total of 55.8 points, 8.3 more than the set total in this contest.
Army Stats and Trends
- Army has covered the spread on two occasions this season.
- The Black Knights have been favored by 9 points or more one time this season and have not covered the spread in any of them.
- Army's games this year have gone over the point total in 75% of its opportunities (three times in four games with a set point total).
- The Black Knights score 39.0 points per game, 6.0 more than the Cardinals surrender per contest (33.0).
- When Army scores more than 33.0 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- The Black Knights rack up 23.0 fewer yards per game (415.0) than the Cardinals allow per outing (438.0).
- The Black Knights have one giveaway this season, while the Cardinals have two takeaways .
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Army at SISportsbook.
Ball State Stats and Trends
- Thus far this year Ball State is winless against the spread.
- The Cardinals have been underdogs by 9 points or more one time this season and have not covered the spread once.
- Ball State's games this season have eclipsed the over/under one time in three opportunities (33.3%).
- This year the Cardinals average just 2.0 fewer points per game (17.0) than the Black Knights give up (19.0).
- The Cardinals average 40.0 more yards per game (317.8) than the Black Knights allow (277.8).
- In games that Ball State churns out more than 277.8 yards, the team is 0-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- The Cardinals have turned the ball over seven times this season, two more turnovers than the Black Knights have forced (5).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed