The Detroit Lions (0-3) are an underdog by 3 points as they aim to break a three-game skid in a matchup with the Chicago Bears (1-2) on Sunday, October 3, 2021 at Soldier Field. The total for this matchup has been set at 41.5 points.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Bears vs. Lions
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Chicago has combined with its opponents to put up more than 41.5 points only one time this year.
- Detroit has combined with its opponents to score more than 41.5 points in two games this season.
- The two teams combine to score 35.6 points per game, 5.9 less than the over/under in this contest.
- This contest's total is 15.9 points under the 57.4 these two squads combine to give up per game in 2020.
- Bears games this season feature an average total of 45.3 points, a number 3.8 points higher than Sunday's over/under.
- In 2020, games involving the Lions have averaged a total of 48.7 points, 7.2 more than the set total in this contest.
Bears stats and trends
- Chicago has covered the spread on one occasion this year.
- Chicago's games this year have hit the over on one of three set point totals (33.3%).
- This year, the Bears put up 18.4 fewer points per game (13.3) than the Lions surrender (31.7).
- The Bears collect 192.3 fewer yards per game (191.7) than the Lions allow per outing (384).
- The Bears have turned the ball over three times this season, one fewer than the Lions have forced (4).
- Click over to SISportsbook and find the latest spread, moneyline and total for Chicago's matchup with the Lions.
Lions stats and trends
- Detroit has covered the spread twice this year.
- The Lions have been underdogs by 3 points or more three times this season and have covered the spread twice.
- Detroit's games this season have gone over the point total two times in three opportunities (66.7%).
- This season the Lions score 3.4 fewer points per game (22.3) than the Bears surrender (25.7).
- The Lions rack up only 2.3 more yards per game (353) than the Bears allow (350.7).
- The Lions have three giveaways this season, while the Bears have four takeaways.
Home and road insights
- The average point total in Bears home games this season is 44.5 points, 3.0 more than this contest's over/under (41.5).
- The average point total in Lions away games this season is 49.5 points, 8.0 more than this contest's over/under (41.5).
Powered by Data Skrive.