Oddsmakers heavily favor the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns (3-1, 0-0 Sun Belt) when they visit the South Alabama Jaguars (3-0, 0-0 Sun Belt) on Saturday, October 2, 2021 in a matchup between Sun Belt rivals at Hancock Whitney Stadium. Louisiana is favored by 12.5 points. The total is 52.5 points for this matchup.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Louisiana vs. South Alabama
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Louisiana and its opponents have combined for 52.5 points -- this matchup's over/under -- only two times this season.
- South Alabama has not yet combined with its opponents to score more than 52.5 points in a game this season.
- The combined points per game average of the two teams, 57.5, is 5.0 points above Saturday's over/under.
- The 39.7 combined points per game that these two squads have allowed this season are 12.8 fewer than the 52.5 total in this contest.
- The average total in Ragin' Cajuns games this season is 58.3, 5.8 points more than Saturday's over/under of 52.5.
- The 49.2 PPG average total in Jaguars games this season is 3.3 points fewer than this game's over/under.
Louisiana Stats and Trends
- Louisiana has one win against the spread in four games this year.
- This season, the Ragin' Cajuns have just one against the spread win in three games as a favorite of 12.5 points or more.
- Louisiana's games this year have gone over the point total one time in four opportunities (25%).
- The Ragin' Cajuns put up 14.8 more points per game (30.5) than the Jaguars allow (15.7).
- Louisiana is 1-3 against the spread and 3-1 overall in games when it scores more than 15.7 points.
- The Ragin' Cajuns average 423.0 yards per game, 132.3 more yards than the 290.7 the Jaguars give up per matchup.
- Louisiana is 1-3 against the spread and 3-1 overall when the team churns out over 290.7 yards.
- This year, the Ragin' Cajuns have three turnovers, four fewer than the Jaguars have takeaways (7).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Louisiana at SISportsbook.
South Alabama Stats and Trends
- South Alabama has covered the spread one time this season.
- South Alabama's games this season have gone over the total in one out of three opportunities (33.3%).
- This year the Jaguars average 3.0 more points per game (27.0) than the Ragin' Cajuns surrender (24.0).
- When South Alabama records more than 24.0 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- The Jaguars rack up 358.3 yards per game, 54.0 fewer yards than the 412.3 the Ragin' Cajuns allow.
- This season the Jaguars have turned the ball over six times, three more than the Ragin' Cajuns' takeaways (3).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed