Oddsmakers heavily favor the Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-3, 0-0 Big Ten) when they host the Northwestern Wildcats (2-2, 0-0 Big Ten) on Saturday, October 2, 2021 in a matchup between Big Ten rivals at Memorial Stadium. Nebraska is favored by 11.5 points. The game's point total is 51.5.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Nebraska vs. Northwestern
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Nebraska and its opponents have combined for 51.5 points -- this matchup's over/under -- just once this year.
- Northwestern's games have gone over 51.5 points in two opportunities this season.
- Saturday's total is 1.9 points lower than the two team's combined 53.4 points per game average.
- These two squads combine to surrender 37.2 points per game, 14.3 fewer than this contest's over/under.
- Cornhuskers games this season feature an average total of 56.8 points, a number 5.3 points higher than Saturday's over/under.
- The 51.5 over/under in this game is 4.4 points higher than the 47.1 average total in Wildcats games this season.
Nebraska Stats and Trends
- Against the spread, Nebraska is 3-1-0 this year.
- The Cornhuskers have been favored by 11.5 points or more once this season and covered the spread.
- Nebraska's games this year have not gone over any of four set point totals.
- This year, the Cornhuskers rack up 7.6 more points per game (27.6) than the Wildcats allow (20.0).
- Nebraska is 1-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall this season when the team scores more than 20.0 points.
- The Cornhuskers average 76.5 more yards per game (473.0) than the Wildcats allow per contest (396.5).
- Nebraska is 2-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall when the team amasses more than 396.5 yards.
- The Cornhuskers have seven giveaways this season, while the Wildcats have eight takeaways .
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Nebraska at SISportsbook.
Northwestern Stats and Trends
- So far this season Northwestern has one win against the spread.
- Northwestern's games this year have hit the over on two of four set point totals (50%).
- The Wildcats put up 8.6 more points per game (25.8) than the Cornhuskers give up (17.2).
- Northwestern is 1-3 against the spread and 2-2 overall in games when it records more than 17.2 points.
- The Wildcats rack up 58.0 more yards per game (385.8) than the Cornhuskers allow (327.8).
- Northwestern is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when the team totals more than 327.8 yards.
- The Wildcats have turned the ball over two more times (8 total) than the Cornhuskers have forced a turnover (6) this season.
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed