The Indiana Hoosiers (2-2, 0-0 Big Ten) are 12.5-point underdogs in a road Big Ten matchup against the No. 4 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-0, 0-0 Big Ten) on Saturday, October 2, 2021 at Beaver Stadium. The over/under is set at 53.5 points for the contest.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Penn State vs. Indiana
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Penn State and its opponents have combined for 53.5 points only twice this year.
- Indiana has combined with its opponents to score more than 53.5 points in three of four games this season.
- The combined points per game average of the two teams, 61.3, is 7.8 points more than Saturday's over/under.
- The 44.3 combined points per game that these two squads have allowed this season are 9.2 fewer than the 53.5 total in this contest.
- The Nittany Lions and their opponents have scored an average of 53.6 points per game in 2021, 0.1 more than Saturday's total.
- The 53.5 total in this game is 0.4 points above the 53.1 average total in Hoosiers games this season.
Penn State Stats and Trends
- Penn State has played four games, with three wins against the spread.
- The Nittany Lions have covered the spread once this season when favored by 12.5 points or more (in two chances).
- Penn State's games this year have eclipsed the over/under one time in four opportunities (25%).
- This year, the Nittany Lions score just 2.2 more points per game (31.5) than the Hoosiers give up (29.3).
- When Penn State scores more than 29.3 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- The Nittany Lions rack up 86.3 more yards per game (423.8) than the Hoosiers give up per outing (337.5).
- When Penn State picks up more than 337.5 yards, the team is 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- The Nittany Lions have two giveaways this season, while the Hoosiers have five takeaways .
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Penn State at SISportsbook.
Indiana Stats and Trends
- Indiana has one win against the spread in four games this year.
- Indiana's games this season have eclipsed the over/under three times in four opportunities (75%).
- The Hoosiers average 14.8 more points per game (29.8) than the Nittany Lions surrender (15.0).
- When Indiana scores more than 15.0 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- The Hoosiers average 363.5 yards per game, 36.7 more yards than the 326.8 the Nittany Lions give up.
- When Indiana amasses more than 326.8 yards, the team is 1-2 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- The Hoosiers have seven giveaways this season, while the Nittany Lions have seven takeaways .
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed