C-USA foes square off when the Rice Owls (1-3, 0-0 C-USA) host the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (1-3, 0-0 C-USA) on Saturday, October 2, 2021 at Rice Stadium. Rice is favored by 1.5 points. The game has a point total set at 44.5.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Rice vs. Southern Miss
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Rice and its opponents have combined to score more than 44.5 points in all four games this season.
- Southern Miss and its opponents have combined to score more than 44.5 points in one game this season.
- Saturday's total is 9.7 points higher than the combined 34.8 PPG average of the two teams.
- The 72.3 points per game these two squads have allowed to opponents this season are 27.8 more than the 44.5 total in this contest.
- Owls games this season feature an average total of 51.8 points, a number 7.3 points higher than Saturday's over/under.
- The 44.5-point over/under for this game is 8.4 points below the 52.9 points per game average total in Golden Eagles games this season.
Rice Stats and Trends
- So far this season Rice is winless against the spread.
- The Owls have yet to cover the spread this season when favored by 1.5 points or more.
- Rice's games this year have gone over the total in four out of four opportunities.
- The Owls average 10.8 fewer points per game (18.0) than the Golden Eagles surrender (28.8).
- The Owls collect only 18.2 more yards per game (356.0), than the Golden Eagles give up per matchup (337.8).
- This year, the Owls have turned the ball over 10 times, five more than the Golden Eagles' takeaways (5).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Rice at SISportsbook.
Southern Miss Stats and Trends
- So far this season Southern Miss has one win against the spread.
- This year, the Golden Eagles are winless ATS when entering a game as an underdog of 1.5 points or more.
- Southern Miss' games this year have eclipsed the over/under one time in four opportunities (25%).
- This year the Golden Eagles rack up 26.7 fewer points per game (16.8) than the Owls allow (43.5).
- The Golden Eagles average 266.5 yards per game, 195.3 fewer yards than the 461.8 the Owls allow.
- The Golden Eagles have turned the ball over five more times (8 total) than the Owls have forced a turnover (3) this season.
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed