The San Jose State Spartans (2-2) are heavy 27.5-point favorites on Saturday, October 2, 2021 against the New Mexico State Aggies (1-4). The over/under is set at 52.5.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for San Jose State vs. New Mexico State
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- San Jose State has combined with its opponents to score more than 52.5 points just once this year.
- New Mexico State has combined with its opponents to score more than 52.5 points in three of five games this season.
- The combined points per game average of the two teams, 38.4, is 14.1 points fewer than Saturday's over/under.
- These two squads surrender a combined 53.6 points per game, 1.1 more than this contest's over/under.
- The Spartans and their opponents have scored an average of 60.1 points per game in 2021, 7.6 more than Saturday's total.
- The 52.5-point over/under for this game is 3.4 points below the 55.9 points per game average total in Aggies games this season.
San Jose State Stats and Trends
- San Jose State has one win against the spread in four games this year.
- San Jose State's games this year have hit the over on one of four set point totals (25%).
- This year, the Spartans rack up 15.6 fewer points per game (18.0) than the Aggies give up (33.6).
- The Spartans rack up 126.5 fewer yards per game (332.3) than the Aggies allow per contest (458.8).
- The Spartans have turned the ball over nine times this season, one fewer than the Aggies have forced (10).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for San Jose State at SISportsbook.
New Mexico State Stats and Trends
- Against the spread, New Mexico State is 3-2-0 this season.
- The Aggies covered the spread in their only game when underdogs by 27.5 points or more.
- New Mexico State's games this year have gone over the total in two out of five opportunities (40%).
- This season the Aggies average just 0.4 more points per game (20.4) than the Spartans surrender (20.0).
- New Mexico State is 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall in games when it puts up more than 20.0 points.
- The Aggies rack up 347.4 yards per game, just 1.9 more than the 345.5 the Spartans allow.
- In games that New Mexico State picks up more than 345.5 yards, the team is 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- This year the Aggies have turned the ball over nine times, seven more than the Spartans' takeaways (2).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
|San Jose State||Stats||New Mexico State|
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed