A pair of the nation's best passing defenses meet when the South Carolina Gamecocks (2-2) bring college football's 18th-ranked pass defense into a matchup with the Troy Trojans (2-2), who have the No. 10 passing defense, on Saturday, October 2, 2021. The Gamecocks are 6.5-point favorites. An over/under of 43.5 is set for the contest.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for South Carolina vs. Troy
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- South Carolina and its opponents have combined for 43.5 points or more only one time this year.
- Troy's games have gone over 43.5 points in only one opportunity this season.
- Saturday's total is 5.1 points lower than the two team's combined 48.6 points per game average.
- These two squads combine to allow 33.8 points per game, 9.7 fewer than this contest's over/under.
- The average total in Gamecocks games this season is 51.0, 7.5 points more than Saturday's total of 43.5.
- In 2021, games involving the Trojans have averaged a total of 54.2 points, 10.7 more than the set over/under in this contest.
South Carolina Stats and Trends
- South Carolina has two wins against the spread in four games this year.
- South Carolina's games this year have hit the over on one of three set point totals (33.3%).
- This year, the Gamecocks average 6.8 more points per game (22.3) than the Trojans give up (15.5).
- When South Carolina scores more than 15.5 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- The Gamecocks collect 79.5 more yards per game (323.0) than the Trojans give up per outing (243.5).
- In games that South Carolina churns out more than 243.5 yards, the team is 2-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- The Gamecocks have turned the ball over six times this season, one fewer than the Trojans have forced (7).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for South Carolina at SISportsbook.
Troy Stats and Trends
- So far this season Troy has one win against the spread.
- Troy's games this year have not gone over any of three set point totals.
- The Trojans put up 8.0 more points per game (26.3) than the Gamecocks give up (18.3).
- Troy is 1-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall in games when it puts up more than 18.3 points.
- The Trojans rack up 45.7 more yards per game (344.5) than the Gamecocks allow (298.8).
- When Troy piles up over 298.8 yards, the team is 1-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- This year the Trojans have five turnovers, five fewer than the Gamecocks have takeaways (10).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed