The Pittsburgh Panthers (4-1, 0-0 ACC) and the first-ranked scoring offense will play the Virginia Tech Hokies (3-2, 0-0 ACC) and the 24th-ranked scoring defense on Saturday, October 16, 2021. The Panthers are favored by 5 points in the outing. The over/under is set at 56 points for the outing.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Pittsburgh vs. Virginia Tech
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Pittsburgh has combined with its opponents to put up more than 56 points in all five games this season.
- Virginia Tech's games have gone over 56 points in just one opportunity this season.
- The two teams combine to score 77 points per game, 21.0 more than the over/under in this contest.
- These two squads combine to surrender 41.2 points per game, 14.8 fewer than this contest's over/under.
- The average total in Panthers games this season is 56.2, 0.2 points above Saturday's total of 56.
- The 53.4 PPG average total in Hokies games this season is 2.6 points fewer than this game's over/under.
Pittsburgh Stats and Trends
- Pittsburgh is 4-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Panthers have been favored by 5 points or more three times this season and have covered the spread in two of them.
- Pittsburgh's games this year have gone over the total in five out of five opportunities.
- The Panthers rack up 52.4 points per game, 33.8 more than the Hokies give up per matchup (18.6).
- Pittsburgh is 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall this season when the team notches more than 18.6 points.
- The Panthers collect 212.2 more yards per game (554.2) than the Hokies allow per matchup (342.0).
- In games that Pittsburgh picks up over 342.0 yards, the team is 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- The Panthers have turned the ball over five times this season, three fewer than the Hokies have forced (8).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Pittsburgh at SISportsbook.
Virginia Tech Stats and Trends
- Thus far this season Virginia Tech has two wins against the spread.
- This season, the Hokies won ATS in their only game as an underdog of 5 points or more.
- Virginia Tech's games this season have gone over the point total one time in five opportunities (20%).
- This year the Hokies rack up just 2.0 more points per game (24.6) than the Panthers surrender (22.6).
- Virginia Tech is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when the team scores more than 22.6 points.
- The Hokies rack up just 9.0 fewer yards per game (329.4) than the Panthers allow (338.4).
- This season the Hokies have six turnovers, two fewer than the Panthers have takeaways (8).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed