The Detroit Lions (0-5) are an underdog by 3.5 points as they attempt to end a five-game slide in a matchup with the Cincinnati Bengals (3-2) on Sunday, October 17, 2021 at Ford Field. The total has been set at 47 points for this matchup.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Bengals vs. Lions
- Cincinnati and its opponents have combined for 47 points only two times this season.
- Detroit's games have gone over 47 points in two opportunities this season.
- Sunday's over/under is 4.6 points higher than the combined 42.4 PPG average of the two teams.
- The 47.6 points per game these two squads have allowed their opponents to score this season are 0.6 more than the 47 total in this contest.
- Bengals games have an average total of 46.1 points this season, 0.9 fewer than Sunday's over/under.
- In 2020, games involving the Lions have averaged a total of 47.4 points, 0.4 more than the set total in this contest.
Bengals stats and trends
- So far this year Cincinnati has two wins against the spread.
- This season, the Bengals are winless ATS when entering a game as a favorite of 3.5 points or more.
- Cincinnati's games this year have gone over the total in one out of five opportunities (20%).
- This year, the Bengals put up 4.8 fewer points per game (22.8) than the Lions give up (27.6).
- The Bengals average 48 fewer yards per game (333.8) than the Lions give up per matchup (381.8).
- The Bengals have turned the ball over one more time (7 total) than the Lions have forced a turnover (6) this season.
- Click over to SISportsbook and find the latest spread, moneyline and total for Cincinnati's matchup with the Lions.
Lions stats and trends
- Detroit is 3-2-0 against the spread this year.
- The Lions are 3-1 ATS when underdogs by 3.5 points or more this season.
- Detroit's games this season have hit the over on two of five set point totals (40%).
- The Lions average 19.6 points per game, comparable to the 20 the Bengals give up.
- The Lions average just 12 fewer yards per game (339.6) than the Bengals allow per outing (351.6).
- This year the Lions have turned the ball over seven times, two more than the Bengals' takeaways (5).
Home and road insights
- This season, Lions home games average 48.3 points, 1.3 more than this outing's over/under (47).
- This season, Bengals away games average 43.3 points, 3.7 fewer than this contest's over/under (47).
Powered by Data Skrive.