The Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-2, 0-0 Big Ten) and the fifth-ranked run defense will host the Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-4, 0-0 Big Ten) and the 17th-ranked rushing attack on Saturday, October 16, 2021. The Golden Gophers are 4.5-point underdogs. The game has an over/under of 48.5 points.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Nebraska vs. Minnesota
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Nebraska and its opponents have gone over the current 48.5-point total in three of six games (50%) this season.
- Minnesota's games have gone over 48.5 points in two opportunities this season.
- The two teams combine to average 56.3 points per game, 7.8 more than the over/under in this contest.
- These two squads combine to allow 37.5 points per game, 11.0 fewer than this contest's over/under.
- The Cornhuskers and their opponents have scored an average of 54.8 points per game in 2021, 6.3 more than Saturday's total.
- The 53.3 PPG average total in Golden Gophers games this season is 4.8 points more than this game's over/under.
Nebraska Stats and Trends
- In Nebraska's seven games this season, it has four wins against the spread.
- The Cornhuskers have covered the spread twice this season when favored by 4.5 points or more (in three chances).
- Nebraska's games this year have gone over the total in two out of six opportunities (33.3%).
- The Cornhuskers rack up 31.9 points per game, 12.3 more than the Golden Gophers surrender per matchup (19.6).
- Nebraska is 3-2 against the spread and 3-3 overall this season when the team records more than 19.6 points.
- The Cornhuskers rack up 493.3 yards per game, 185.5 more yards than the 307.8 the Golden Gophers give up per matchup.
- Nebraska is 4-2 against the spread and 3-4 overall when the team piles up more than 307.8 yards.
- This year, the Cornhuskers have turned the ball over nine times, while the Golden Gophers have forced nine.
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Nebraska at SISportsbook.
Minnesota Stats and Trends
- Minnesota has covered the spread on two occasions this year.
- This season, the Golden Gophers are winless against the spread when entering a game as an underdog of 4.5 points or more.
- Minnesota's games this season have hit the over on two of five set point totals (40%).
- This year the Golden Gophers rack up 6.5 more points per game (24.4) than the Cornhuskers allow (17.9).
- Minnesota is 2-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall when the team puts up more than 17.9 points.
- The Golden Gophers rack up 334.2 yards per game, only 7.4 fewer than the 341.6 the Cornhuskers give up.
- When Minnesota piles up more than 341.6 yards, the team is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- This season the Golden Gophers have five turnovers, three fewer than the Cornhuskers have takeaways (8).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed