The Troy Trojans (3-3, 0-0 Sun Belt) are 7.5-point favorites when they visit the Texas State Bobcats (2-3, 0-0 Sun Belt) in a Sun Belt matchup on Saturday, October 16, 2021 at Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium. The contest's over/under is set at 48.5.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Troy vs. Texas State
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook.
- Troy has combined with its opponents to score more than 48.5 points only once this year.
- So far this season, 80% of Texas State's games (4/5) have had more combined points than Saturday's total of 48.5.
- The two teams combine to average 50.5 points per game, two more than the total in this contest.
- The 53.8 points per game these two squads have allowed their opponents to score this season are 5.3 more than the 48.5 total in this contest.
- The average total in Trojans games this season is 51.3, 2.8 points more than Saturday's over/under of 48.5.
- In 2021, games involving the Bobcats have averaged a total of 59.1 points, 10.6 more than the set total in this contest.
Troy Stats and Trends
- Troy has covered the spread one time this season.
- The Trojans have been favored by 7.5 points or more two times this season and covered the spread in one of them.
- Troy's games this year have gone over the total in one out of five opportunities (20%).
- The Trojans rack up 11.3 fewer points per game (24.3) than the Bobcats give up (35.6).
- The Trojans collect 67 fewer yards per game (349.2), than the Bobcats give up per matchup (416.2).
- The Trojans have 10 giveaways this season, while the Bobcats have 10 takeaways .
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Troy at SISportsbook.
Texas State Stats and Trends
- Texas State is 3-2-0 against the spread this year.
- This season, the Bobcats have one against the spread win in two games as an underdog of 7.5 points or more.
- Texas State's games this year have hit the over in 60% of its opportunities (three times in five games with a set point total).
- This year the Bobcats average eight more points per game (26.2) than the Trojans allow (18.2).
- When Texas State puts up more than 18.2 points, it is 3-2 against the spread and 2-3 overall.
- The Bobcats collect 75 more yards per game (346.8) than the Trojans allow (271.8).
- When Texas State totals more than 271.8 yards, the team is 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall.
- The Bobcats have turned the ball over nine times, four fewer times than the Trojans have forced turnovers (13).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed