Oddsmakers give the Central Michigan Chippewas (4-3, 0-0 MAC) the edge when they host the Northern Illinois Huskies (5-2, 0-0 MAC) on Saturday, October 23, 2021 in a matchup between MAC foes at Kelly/Shorts Stadium. Central Michigan is favored by 6 points. The contest has a 56-point over/under.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Central Michigan vs. Northern Illinois
- Central Michigan and its opponents have combined to score more than 56 points in four of seven games this season.
- Northern Illinois' games have gone over 56 points in three of seven chances this season.
- Saturday's total is 0.1 points lower than the two team's combined 56.1 points per game average.
- This contest's total is 1.5 points lower than the 57.5 these two squads combine to give up per game in 2021.
- The average total in Chippewas games this season is 56.7, 0.7 points more than Saturday's over/under of 56.
- In 2021, games involving the Huskies have averaged a total of 53.9 points, 2.1 fewer than this game's set over/under.
Central Michigan Stats and Trends
- Against the spread, Central Michigan is 3-4-0 this year.
- The Chippewas have been favored by 6 points or more two times this season and covered the spread in one of them.
- Central Michigan's games this year have hit the over on two of seven set point totals (28.6%).
- The Chippewas average just 2.9 fewer points per game (27.7) than the Huskies give up (30.6).
- Central Michigan is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall this season when the team notches more than 30.6 points.
- The Chippewas collect 33.3 more yards per game (442.3) than the Huskies give up per outing (409.0).
- In games that Central Michigan totals over 409.0 yards, the team is 2-3 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- The Chippewas have turned the ball over two more times (8 total) than the Huskies have forced a turnover (6) this season.
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Central Michigan at SISportsbook.
Northern Illinois Stats and Trends
- In Northern Illinois' seven games this year, it has four wins against the spread.
- The Huskies have covered the spread twice this season when underdogs by 6 points or more (in four chances).
- Northern Illinois' games this year have gone over the total in three out of seven opportunities (42.9%).
- The Huskies rack up just 1.5 more points per game (28.4) than the Chippewas give up (26.9).
- When Northern Illinois records more than 26.9 points, it is 2-1-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- The Huskies rack up 376.9 yards per game, only 13.2 fewer than the 390.1 the Chippewas give up.
- When Northern Illinois amasses more than 390.1 yards, the team is 2-0-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- The Huskies have turned the ball over 10 times this season, four more turnovers than the Chippewas have forced (6).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
|Central Michigan||Stats||Northern Illinois|
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed