The Illinois Fighting Illini (2-5, 0-0 Big Ten) are 24-point underdogs in a road Big Ten matchup against the No. 7 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-1, 0-0 Big Ten) on Saturday, October 23, 2021 at Beaver Stadium. The over/under is set at 45.5.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Penn State vs. Illinois
- Penn State and its opponents have gone over the current 45.5-point total in three of six games this season.
- In 42.9% of Illinois' games this season (3/7), the teams combined to score more than Saturday's over/under of 45.5.
- The two teams combine to average 46 points per game, 0.5 more than the total in this contest.
- This contest's over/under is 7.1 points greater than the 38.4 these two squads combine to surrender per game this season.
- Nittany Lions games this season feature an average total of 51.5 points, a number 6.0 points higher than Saturday's over/under.
- The 45.5-point over/under for this game is 8.0 points below the 53.5 points per game average total in Fighting Illini games this season.
Penn State Stats and Trends
- In Penn State's six games this year, it has four wins against the spread.
- This season, the Nittany Lions are winless ATS when entering a game as a favorite of 24 points or more.
- Penn State's games this year have eclipsed the over/under two times in six opportunities (33.3%).
- The Nittany Lions score 3.7 more points per game (28.3) than the Fighting Illini allow (24.6).
- Penn State is 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall in games when it records more than 24.6 points.
- The Nittany Lions average 398.3 yards per game, 29.6 fewer yards than the 427.9 the Fighting Illini allow per outing.
- In games that Penn State picks up more than 427.9 yards, the team is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- This year, the Nittany Lions have seven turnovers, five fewer than the Fighting Illini have takeaways (12).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Penn State at SISportsbook.
Illinois Stats and Trends
- Illinois has three wins against the spread in seven games this year.
- Illinois' games this year have gone over the point total two times in seven opportunities (28.6%).
- The Fighting Illini rack up 3.9 more points per game (17.7) than the Nittany Lions allow (13.8).
- Illinois is 2-3 against the spread and 2-3 overall in games when it puts up more than 13.8 points.
- The Fighting Illini average 313.7 yards per game, just 1.0 more than the 312.7 the Nittany Lions give up.
- In games that Illinois piles up more than 312.7 yards, the team is 2-3 against the spread and 2-3 overall.
- This season the Fighting Illini have six turnovers, four fewer than the Nittany Lions have takeaways (10).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed