The UAB Blazers (5-2, 0-0 C-USA) are 23.5-point favorites when they host the Rice Owls (2-4, 0-0 C-USA) in a C-USA matchup on Saturday, October 23, 2021 at Protective Stadium. An over/under of 44.5 is set for the contest.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for UAB vs. Rice
- UAB's games this season have gone over 44.5 points five of six times.
- Rice's games have gone over 44.5 points in five of six chances this season.
- The two teams combine to score 42.1 points per game, 2.4 less than the over/under in this contest.
- This contest's over/under is 14.2 points under the 58.7 these two squads combine to give up per game in 2021.
- The average total in Blazers games this season is 49.7, 5.2 points more than Saturday's over/under of 44.5.
- The 44.5-point over/under for this game is 6.3 points below the 50.8 points per game average total in Owls games this season.
UAB Stats and Trends
- UAB is 4-2-0 against the spread this year.
- UAB's games this year have eclipsed the over/under one time in six opportunities (16.7%).
- The Blazers score 13.6 fewer points per game (26.1) than the Owls surrender (39.7).
- The Blazers average 364.3 yards per game, 73.7 fewer yards than the 438 the Owls allow per contest.
- This year, the Blazers have turned the ball over 10 times, three more than the Owls' takeaways (7).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for UAB at SISportsbook.
Rice Stats and Trends
- Thus far this year Rice has one win against the spread.
- The Owls have yet to cover the spread this year when underdogs by 23.5 points or more.
- Rice has gone over the point total in 66.7% of its opportunities this year (four times over six games with a set point total).
- The Owls average 16 points per game, three fewer than the Blazers surrender (19).
- Rice is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall in games when it records more than 19 points.
- The Owls average 308.5 yards per game, only 13.2 fewer than the 321.7 the Blazers give up.
- Rice is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when the team picks up over 321.7 yards.
- The Owls have 12 turnovers this season, equal to the number of takeaways for the Blazers.
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed