Sun Belt rivals will do battle when the Appalachian State Mountaineers (7-2, 0-0 Sun Belt) battle the South Alabama Jaguars (5-4, 0-0 Sun Belt) at Kidd Brewer Stadium in Boone, North Carolina.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Appalachian State vs. South Alabama
- Appalachian State has combined with its opponents to score more than 52 points in eight of nine games this season.
- South Alabama and its opponents have combined to score more than 52 points in four of nine games this season.
- The combined points per game average of the two teams, 64.8, is 12.8 points more than Saturday's over/under.
- These two squads combine to allow 45.4 points per game, 6.6 fewer than this contest's over/under.
- Mountaineers games this season feature an average total of 58.0 points, a number 6.0 points higher than Saturday's over/under.
- In 2021, games involving the Jaguars have averaged a total of 51.8 points, 0.2 fewer than this game's set over/under.
Appalachian State Stats and Trends
- Against the spread, Appalachian State is 6-3-0 this year.
- This season, the Mountaineers have one against the spread win in two games as a favorite of 22.5 points or more.
- Appalachian State's games this year have hit the over on four of nine set point totals (44.4%).
- The Mountaineers put up 36.2 points per game, 14.1 more than the Jaguars allow per outing (22.1).
- Appalachian State is 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall in games when it puts up more than 22.1 points.
- The Mountaineers collect 144.0 more yards per game (463.9) than the Jaguars give up per matchup (319.9).
- When Appalachian State totals more than 319.9 yards, the team is 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- This year, the Mountaineers have 13 turnovers, five fewer than the Jaguars have takeaways (18).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Appalachian State at SISportsbook.
South Alabama Stats and Trends
- South Alabama is 4-5-0 against the spread this season.
- South Alabama's games this season have hit the over on five of nine set point totals (55.6%).
- This season the Jaguars put up 5.3 more points per game (28.6) than the Mountaineers give up (23.3).
- South Alabama is 3-4 against the spread and 4-3 overall in games when it puts up more than 23.3 points.
- The Jaguars rack up 33.4 more yards per game (390.7) than the Mountaineers give up (357.3).
- When South Alabama totals more than 357.3 yards, the team is 3-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- This season the Jaguars have 15 turnovers, one fewer than the Mountaineers have takeaways (16).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
|Appalachian State||Stats||South Alabama|
Avg. Points Scored
Avg. Points Allowed
Avg. Total Yards
Avg. Total Yards Allowed