LAS VEGAS --
You can't hear a word of Pacquiao's in-ring interview with Max Kellerman due to the boos cascading down from the fans who have stuck around the arena. Some fans are even throwing beer. They're even louder than the treatment Floyd Mayweather received after his unsportsmanlike knockout of Victor Ortiz in this same room two months ago -- and those were
That's all for now. Heading to press conferences -- which should be interesting -- and then to write.
Check back on SI.com throughtout the night for full coverage.
Finally, some resounding Manny chants to match the Marquez ones that have been echoing around the arena since Bradley-Casamayor ended.
• Pacquiao looks very relaxed and at ease, smiling, ready to go.
• A TV monitor near ringside shows Pacquiao taking a
• The lighting rig here -- like something resembling the mothership from Close Encounters of the Third Kind -- is like nothing we've seen before at a major fight. Red, green and white lights cutting through faint smoke all over the arena. Marquez has made his way to the ring now and the chants are deafening.
• Odds at the MGM Grand sports book closed at -850 for Pacquiao and +600 for Marquez. Those numbers are down from -1000 and +700 earlier today, meaning there was a lot of late action on Marquez.
• Anthem time. Three of them: Philippines, Mexico and United States.
• Rumors that Mike Tyson would ring the memorial 10-count for departed heavyweight champion Joe Frazier proved false, but it made the tribute no less poignant.
• Among the stars in attendance: Magic Johnson, Steve Buscemi, Charles Barkley, Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Reggie Miller and ... Star Jones.
• The atmosphere in the MGM Grand Garden Arena is buzzing as the long-awaited third meeting between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez is about to get under way. A sold-out audience of more than 16,000 fans is ready to go -- and it's a decidedly pro-Marquez crowd. They've been chanting the challenger's name ever since the co-feature between Timothy Bradley and Joel Casamayor ended.