• About those Ohio State developments: Buckeye partisans, I swear to you that we're all as sick of writing about this as you are of reading about it, so I'll make this as quick as I can: There is going to be another big NCAA to-do because of newly-published revelations concerning OSU football players and no-show jobs. Daniel Herron, DeVier Posey and Marcus Hall will be held out of Saturday's crucial game with Nebraska.
Here is the best sentence out of the whole thing: "Athletic Director Gene Smith insisted at a Monday afternoon news conference that there was no 'systemic' problem at Ohio State, which has admitted to having several players involved in different NCAA violations over the past 10 months."
Quoth Eleven Warriors: "Love my Buckeyes, but this is about the fifth time I've heard Smith say he's confident nothing else will emerge." Stewart Mandel has lost count of Ohio State's extra benefits episodes. And I'm with Dan Wetzel in wondering when that Sugar Bowl eligibility runaround will get the attention it deserves.
• "Honeybadger4Heisman" has a certain ring to it: The Heisman is newly dead to me since Ndamukong Suh's snub, but Tyrann Mathieu's case for postseason hardware is a compelling one.
• Still giving this conference 10 months at the outside:More details on the Big 12 revenue-sharing deal, including additional aw-shucks quotes from skilled tap-dancer Chuck Neinas.
• Build me an army worthy of Vaught-Hemingway: Houston Nutt is mad about oversigning rules, again. This article is very, very funny, and includes the unfairly excerpted quote, "Gene Chizik came in and stole my man."
• Quote of the day, I: "When players already suspended for taking impermissible benefits continue taking them you lack institutional control. Sorry, beloved school." -- Ohio State blogger Ramzy Nasrallah
• Quote of the day, II: "If Gene Smith were in charge of containing that BP gulf oil spill, there would be no marine life left from Galveston to Key West." -- Pat Forde
• Giveth, taketh:EJ Manuel expects to start for the Seminoles this weekend. Dan Persa is also expected back for Northwestern in time for Saturday's game. Utah's Jordan Wynn is projected to miss two to three weeks with a shoulder injury. Georgia's Brandon Boykin is taking his Mississippi State-wrought dental issues in good humor. And Mike Trumpy has a torn ACL, ending both his season for the Wildcats and an unbroken run of MST3K jokes in our house whenever he's on the screen.
• Roster dance! Texas will continue to rotate quarterbacks, until it won't. The vital Geraldo Boldewijn has been reinstated at Boise. Trey Franks is out of the doghouse at Oklahoma. In a shocking bit of news, Jordan Jefferson wants his starting job back. If the Stephen Garcia era is over at South Carolina, I'm going to need the afternoon off to read this and have a good cry. And no news on whether this report might affect Dominique Easley's status with the Gators against LSU, but in the meantime, enjoy the photo.