The 2011 Armed Forces Bowl is just days away. We're sure you have so many questions. We're here to help. (For an Xs and Os breakdown, check out Matt Dollinger's game preview.)
• What's all this, then? OK, you know how there are two militaryish bowls on the postseason schedule? This is the older one, sponsored by Bell Helicopter, that didn't used to carry the unfortunate monikers of "EagleBank Bowl" and "Congressional Bowl."
• Where will this game be played? Gerald Ford Stadium, University Park, Texas, home to SMU. You might recall the Mustangs themselves played in this bowl game last season, and lost to Army, 16-14.
• When is it on television? Kickoff is scheduled for noon ET, Friday, December 30. The game will be televised on ESPN.
• Whom does it feature? Typically, some combination of Conference USA, Mountain West, Army and Navy.
• What about this year? This year, 9-3 BYU's No. 16 defense will contend with 8-4 Tulsa's No. 23 offense.
• Might Tulsa actually be good? We have this creeping suspicion that maybe it is; those four losses came at the hands of both Oklahomas, Boise State and Houston.
• What about BYU? Reply hazy; try again later.
• Who will call the game? Dave Neal, Andre Ware and Cara Capano.
• What wacky activities/mild public indignities will the players be subjected to over the course of the week? Read of the trials endured by both teams at an establishment billed as the "world's largest honky-tonk":
Other games including "This Blows" consisting of players knocking off an entire table of Dixie cups using air they had blown into a balloon, and "Paper Dragon" in which players were forced to unroll two entire rolls of party streamers had the teams laughing and competitive.
• Enough about the football. What about the loot? Participating players will receive the dreaded souvenir football as well as a camouflage beanie and a trip through a Sony gift suite.
• Where can I buy my own camouflage beanie?Right here!
• I'm thinking of attending this game, but really won't feel welcome unless a cast member of CSI personally encourages me to attend. Can it be any CSI show? Yes, any CSI show will do nicely. Behold auto-play Gary Sinise, live from the bottom of your browser screen!
• Please impart any miscellaneous knowledge you might have concerning the 2011 Armed Forces Bowl.Did you know ... the lanyards fans receive in the Armed Forces Adventure Area will be made from recycled plastic bottles?
Stay tuned for more postseason FAQ sheets, and stay on top of a hectic postseason slate with our complete
2011-2012 College Football Bowl Schedule