Utah and Utah State play a single game tonight that makes up the entirety of your Friday college football viewing schedule. We’re sure you have so many questions. We're here to help.
• Is this it for tonight? It is, yes. No channel flipping is necessary if you want to watch FBS football.
•What information do I, the discerning consumer, need to consume this game? The Utes and Aggies kick off at 8 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on ESPN2.
• Reader question!
If last year's Friday night games were any sort of indication, the 8 p.m. slot is very much "the wild", so we're about to find out. As for your second and third questions, Utah sports information is here to help! "The school uses the nickname with permission of the Ute Tribal Council. A Ute is member of the Indian tribe believed to have originally settled Utah. Two of the more common definitions of Ute are 'top of the mountains' and 'people of the mountains.'" The Aggies' nickname refers back to the school's time as Utah State Agricultural College.
• Geographical rivalry game! Is there a trophy at stake? There is, but as these aren't the only teams playing for it, you won't see it awarded this early in the season. The Beehive Boot currently resides with the Utes.
• Is that boot full of live bees? As far as we know, it is not.
• Which conference are these teams in right now? Good question! Utah is entering its second season of Pac-12 membership. Utah State currently resides in the WAC and will jump to the Mountain West in 2013.
• Another reader question!
Romney Stadium sits at approximately 4,700 feet above sea level. The USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service fact sheet recommends "special cooking methods for meat and poultry at elevations above 3,000 feet."
• What do we know about these teams, football-wise? Not a whole lot. Both played FCS teams last week and thumped them soundly. Utah beat Northern Colorado, 41-0, and Utah State defeated Southern Utah, 34-3.
What do we think?
2012 Crystal Ball feature