What wacky antics will Kent State football provide for our viewing entertainment this week? The answer may surprise you! (AP)
• MACtion, MACtion, we want some MACtion. Welcome, brothers and sisters, to the first of those glorious weeks of the 2012 season where there is only one day without football. That day is today, so once y'all stagger out of bed on short rest after last night's interminable Monday Night Football game, put on your game faces. All evening errands must be run, all loved ones and pets reminded you are aware of their existence, all today. Tomorrow brings the first Wednesday-night MACtion of the year in the form of Kent State-Buffalo; Thursday is BYU-Boise State and Friday features Baylor-ULM. You wouldn't want to disappoint the Warhawks by missing kickoff for a trip to the hardware store, now would you? You know how they get when they're angry.
• In defense of not wanting one's arm to fall off. The backlash to the backlash to James-Franklin-The-Player's decision not to shoot up his shoulder and play against the Sun Devils is well underway in columnist circles; here's the Post-Dispatch's take.
• Assorted bowl updates of varying degrees of importance. Could the number of postseason bowl games be creeping up already? ... the Orange Bowl wheels and deals ... and UCF's appeal of its postseason ban is official.
• Monteé Ball case update.Three people have been charged in the August assault of Monteé Ball; all are Wisconsin students.
• Sandusky case update.Sentencing has been set for October 9.
• Roster blotter. Enjoy how the headline here makes it seem as though the author is indignant to learn Kentucky football players had to pay for their own weed ... the SEC has suspended South Carolina defensive back D.J. Swearinger for this weekend's Missouri game for a hit during Week 3's UAB game ... running back James Sims rejoins Kansas this week following a three-game suspension.
bomb threat forced cancellation of LSU practice