Two FBS football games grace your Thursday night television schedule. We're sure you have so many questions, and that one of them is, "Can we see that Duck Gangnam Style video again?" You sure can!
Houston @ SMU
• What information do I, the discerning consumer, require in order to consume this game? The Cougars and Mustangs kick off at 8 p.m. ET in Gerald J. Ford Stadium in Dallas. The game will be televised on FSN.
• Why am I spending my Thursday night watching a 2-4 team play a 3-3 team, one of which has already lost to Texas State and one of which has lost to Tulane? Far be it from us to tell you what to do with your free time, but the hours between now and that 9:00 p.m. Pac-12 kickoff loom long. (If you must watch at least one winning team, take in some FCS ball. North Carolina Central hosts Hampton at 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU.)
No. 2 Oregon @ Arizona State
• What information do I, the discerning consumer, require in order to consume this game? The AP No. 2 Ducks and Sun Devils kick off at 9 p.m. ET in Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe. The game will be televised on ESPN and streamed on WatchESPN.
• What am I watching for here? Only the Pac-12's top-scoring offense versus the conference's stingiest defense. The Sun Devils are allowing just over two touchdowns per game; the Ducks are scoring more than seven touchdowns per game. Can Chip Kelly's speed demons best these Todd Graham Devils, or are all our midseason predictions about an Oregon appearance in the national title game about to look silly even earlier than they usually do?
• Todd Graham is still at Arizona State? As far as we know!
• What’s at stake?The honor of A Mountain! And the loss of a spot atop the division for the defeated team. These two squads and Oregon State are the only remaining Pac-12 teams undefeated in conference play.