The 2012 Holiday Bowl is just hours away. We’re sure you have so many questions. We’re here to help. (For an X's and O's breakdown, click through to Gabriel Baumgaertner's game preview.)
• What's all this, then? The Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl is the second of two college football bowl games played in San Diego, and comes with its own theme song, if you count singing "Holiday BoOOOooOOOOwl" to "Holiday Road" as a theme song.
• Where will this game be played? Qualcomm Stadium, home of the San Diego Chargers, San Diego State Aztecs and the Poinsettia Bowl.
• When is it on television? Coverage begins at 9:45 ET on ESPN (in 3D where available! That's still a thing!), with Dave Pasch, Brian Griese and Jenn Brown relaying the action. The game will also be streamed on WatchESPN.
• Whom does it feature? Current tie-ins pair Big 12 versus Pac-12.
• What about this year? Ursidae-on-ursidae action! Pointsplosion potential running high! The 7-5 Baylor Bears, regarded with some awe for fielding the nation's top-ranked offense and 119th-ranked defense, will take on the UCLA Bruins, themselves averaging more than 35 points per fame and surrendering about 410 yards.
• Does the bowl have a social media presence? It's not great, but it does exist:
• What wacky activities will be on offer during bowl week? This is a San Diego game, so as with the Poinsettia Bowl, you'll be seeing a good deal of kooky interactions between Bruins, Bears and the residents of SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo.
• What's the pick? Stewart Mandel predicts a total score of more than 100 points, with the Bruins presumably securing the win by scoring last.
• Please impart any miscellaneous knowledge you might have concerning the 2012 Holiday Bowl. In addition to SeaWorld, former sponsors of the Holiday Bowl include Pacific Life, which gave us season after blissful season of associating this fine anthem with warm weather December football: