Ah, the first round of the Chick-fil-A Bowl milkshake combine, like the first robin of spring. (Paul Abell/Abell Images)
The 2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl is just hours away. We’re sure you have so many questions. We’re here to help. (For an X's and O's breakdown, click through to Andy Staples' game preview.)
• What's all this, then? Many bowl games are played in the American South. Only one of them is dedicated to fried chicken, and only since 1998. We have never fully understood this. This year's incarnation of the bowl even comes with a heapin' side of poultry-themed sponsor betrayal! J'eggcuse, Monsieur Chapeau!
• When is it on television? Coverage begins this evening at 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN. Mike Patrick, Ed Cunningham and Jeannine Edwards are your scheduled announcers.
• Whom does it feature? The CFA Bowl has matched the ACC and SEC for almost two decades now.
• What about this year? SUSPICIOUSLY HIGH-ENTERTAINMENT MATCHUP FOR A DECEMBER BOWL GAME ALERT: Can the Georgia Dome contain the combined personality forces of LSU's Les Miles and Clemson's Dabo Swinney? We're fixin' to find out.
• What wacky activities will be on offer during bowl week? Atlanta rolls deep when it comes to fattening bowl activities: Among other diversions, players have been treated to a meat-eating contest at a Brazilian steakhouse and the bowl's annual milkshake combine.
I will never stop calling it the Peach Bowl.
Can we at least make it so we can get peach milkshakes AT the Chick-fil-A Bowl?