NCAA penalties issued against Syracuse University on Friday:
- Suspension of the head basketball coach Jim Boeheim from the first nine Atlantic Coast Conference games of 2015-16.
- Vacation of victories in which ineligible men's basketball students played in 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2010-11 and 2011-12 and that ineligible football students played in 2004-05, 2005-06 and 2006-07.
- Five years of probation from March 6, 2015 through March 5, 2020.
- Fine of $500 per contest played by ineligible students.
- The school must return to the NCAA all funds it has received for its appearances in the 2011, 2012 and 2013 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.
- Reduction of men's basketball scholarships by three for the 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 academic years.
- Reduction in the number of permissible off-campus recruiters from four to two during June 1, 2015 through May 31, 2017.
- The panel also accepted the school's self-imposed postseason ban for the 2014-15 season.