North Carolina coach Roy Williams says he hasn't seen the Notice of Allegations the school says it received last month from the NCAA.
UNC announced on May 22 that it received its notice from the college governing body "as the next phase in its investigation of academic irregularities and possible bylaw infractions."
The school said it needed to prepare the notice to ensure that privacy laws are protected before releasing it publicly. Williams said he believes the notice will be released soon, according to the AP.
The NCAA indicated last June that it would reopen its 2011 investigation of academic irregularities at North Carolina after it determined that "additional people with information and others who were previously uncooperative might be willing to speak with the enforcement staff.”
Last October, North Carolina released a report compiled by former federal prosecutor Kenneth Wainstein following his investigation into the academic irregularities. The report detailed how academic officials created "paper classes" in which students were given good grades with "little regard" for the quality of their work.
The report found that the fraud spanned 18 years and involved roughly 1,500 athletes.
In November, the News & Observer reported that men's basketball players accounted for 35 bogus "paper" classes during the Tar Heels' 2004-05 national championship season.