Charles Baus/Cal Sport Media via AP Images

USC quarterback Cody Kessler said he will not enter the 2015 NFL Draft and return for his senior season

By SI Wire
December 29, 2014

USC quarterback Cody Kessler said he will not enter the 2015 NFL Draft and return for his senior season.

Kessler made the announcement after the Trojans beat Nebraska 45-42 in the Holiday Bowl on Saturday. Kessler was 23-of-39 for 321 yards with three touchdown passes and one interception in the game.

"I'm absolutely coming back," Kessler said, according to Fox Sports. "I'm excited, it's going to be fun next year."

Kessler, a redshirt junior, completed 70 percent of his passes for 3,826 yards with a school-record tying 39 touchdowns and five interceptions for the 9-4 Trojans.

USC have several underclassmen that could declare for the draft, including running back Javorius Allen and wide receiver Nelson Agholor.

"My goal right now is to make sure everybody comes back next year," Kessler told KFWB-AM last month. That's where my mind is at right now. I want to make sure everybody comes back so we can be successful."

- Scooby Axson

You May Like