Yogi Roth joins the SI College Football Podcast to break down the QBs on some of the College Football Playoff's top contenders and make picks for Week 10's top games.
It’s crunch time in college football now that the playoff selection committee’s rankings are out. And Week 10 turns up the heat on the chase for a spot in the top four with several marquee matchups.
Quarterback performance will undoubtedly play a critical role in determining who makes the playoff, and several teams in the hunt boast elite passers. Yogi Roth of the Pac-12 Network and Elite 11 joins hosts Zac Ellis and Lindsay Schnell to break down who has the edge under center. Zac and Lindsay also analyze who were the winners and losers of the first playoff rankings and make their picks for the biggest games of Week 10.
Here is the full list of topics Zac, Lindsay and Roth discuss:
• How will true freshman Jarrett Stidham fare as he steps in for the injured Seth Russell as Baylor’s quarterback? Can the Bears still make the playoff with Stidham? How does he fit into Baylor’s offense?
• What is UCLA true freshman quarterback Josh Rosen’s potential? How does he compare to Stidham?
• Roth explains the story behind his documentary Life In a Walk and how to see it
• Can Pittsburgh, Roth’s alma mater, upset Notre Dame?
• What are the Big 12’s playoff chances after Baylor and TCU failed to make the top four in the selection committee’s initial rankings?
• Is the Pac-12 in danger of getting shut out of the playoff because it has no undefeated teams and no team in the top 10?
• Is there an advantage to not being in the top four right now? Do the playoff rankings even matter at this point?
• No. 8 TCU at No. 14 Oklahoma State: Are the Cowboys legitimate contenders for a Big 12 title and a playoff berth? How will the Horned Frogs handle their first serious test of the season?
• No. 16 Florida State at No. 1 Clemson: Can the Seminoles pull the upset? How will the Tigers handle their first game as the top-ranked team?