Designated Read: It's the little things
• Will no one think of the pepperoni roll? Clearly ignorant of the fine culinary traditions found in and around West Virginia, the SEC passed on expansion candidate WVU. Now, the Mountaineers are reportedly headed for the Big 12. And Tudor's Biscuit World franchises will surely follow into Texas and Oklahoma, skirting SEC country entirely. Life is cruel, y'all.
• NCAA Reform And Them: "More than 300 major college football and men's basketball players are telling the NCAA and college presidents they want a cut of ever-increasing TV sports revenue to fatten scholarships and cover all the costs of getting a degree, with athletes picking up still more grant money when they graduate." This should be fun. Dan Wetzel wants a bowl boycott. And the NCAA's compliance blog looks ahead to 20 years of reform.
• Quote of the day, I: "We could end up with two conferences, one called ESPN and one called Fox." -- LSU chancellor Michael Martin
• Quote of the day, II: "Don't worry, Big East Conference. I'll play football in you." -- Dan Devine
• Giveth, taketh: Anthony Conner's recovery process continues with neck surgery. Dan Persa wants to play Indiana, although whether he'd even be needed is another story. Virginia Tech's leading tackler, Bruce Taylor, is done for the season with a foot injury. Oklahoma State's Hubert Anyiam will miss the rest of his season thanks to a broken foot. Skip Holtz announced via Twitter that USF is down two players. And Alabama will lose Cyrus Kouandjio for the year and Alex Watkins for two to three weeks.
• Roster blotter: Following yesterday's latest installment of the Cliff Harris Traffic Follies, the speedy Oregon cornerback who can't get out of his own way is suspended from all football activities. To no one's very great surprise, Dillon Baxter is gone from USC. John Brantley is expected to suit up for the Cocktail Party. And Oklahoma tight end Austin Haywood intends to transfer, and is out the door ahead of some mighty snippy language from his coaches.Tuesday whimsy: Henry Josey's socks Miles repays in batter non-apology apology is open speaks message board fair distribution of Andrew Luck