Designated Read: Wing for president
• And then there were five, and one was III: Robert Griffin III is indeed a Heisman Trophy finalist, alongside Andrew Luck, Montee Ball, Tyrann Mathieu and Trent Richardson. The continued exclusion of Brad Wing from these lists is constantly upsetting. He's not on our People's Heisman poll either, but you can vote for some other nice young people.
• In which Chris Petersen cops to the glaring problem with the Coaches' Poll: “I know how I voted and I know what I’m trying to do, which is make the best case for Boise State to get in there, so I probably shouldn’t be a voter.”
• Penn State things: ABC News is reporting that eight alleged victims will testify against Jerry Sandusky. Meanwhile, does the headline "NCAA considers advisory role on abuse guidelines" make anybody else moderately uncomfortable, for the sole reason that the NCAA doesn't seem very good at the jobs it actually does have?
• Hardware hour: Your 2011 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award winner is some guy named "Andrew Luck," who seems to be very good at lots of things.
• Quote of the day: "Before taking Ole Miss job Hugh Freeze tweets he read Jeremiah 29:11-14. Interesting. Usually coaches cite Sexton 6:17,000,000." -- Dan Wetzel
• Home for the ruptured: Florida's Dominique Easley is out for the Gator Bowl, thanks to an ACL injury sustained against Florida State.
• Roster blotter: Cliff Harris has been dismissed from the Ducks, with no word on what's to become of all that s*** he was supposed to be locking down. RichRod's only got one quarterback still in the Wildcats' stable, but at least it's the one he needs. And Georgia's ground game could undergo a(nother) shakeup.Tuesday whimsy: for this LSU flyer Justin Halpern's dad has a point continues to delight putting the quote marks around "eats,"