FAQ: Outback Bowl
The 2012 Outback Bowl is just a day away. We're sure you have so many questions. We're here to help. (For an Xs and Os breakdown, click here.)
• Where will this game be played? Tampa's Raymond James Stadium, home during the regular season to the Buccaneers and USF.
• Is this the stadium with the pirate ship attached to it? It is!
• Oooh, will the cannon fire Bloomin' Onions after scores during the bowl game? God, probably.
• When is it on television? Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Monday, January 2. The game will be televised on ABC.
• Whom does it feature? The Big Ten and SEC.
• What about this year? Division champs from each conference in 10-3 Georgia and equally 10-3 Michigan State.
• Who will call the game? Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden and Lisa Salters.
• Shouldn't the quality of the booth announcers improve as the quality of football games allegedly improves toward the end of bowl season? It'd be nice.
• Who sponsors the game? Outback Steakhouse.
• I would like to sample real Australian food during my time in Tampa. Is Outback a good place to start? As authentic as Tampa itself, friend! What, you've never had cookies-and-cream waffles on a walkabout?
• Enough about the football. What about the loot? Among other items, participating players will receive ... Outback Steakhouse gift cards. Why don't more bowl organizers do this? It's the flagrantly cynical cherry atop the gratuitous hustle sundae of the modern college football postseason.
• What mild indignities/wacky activities will visiting teams be subjected to while in town? Care to see burly football players feed giraffes at Busch Gardens? We got you covered.
• Please impart any miscellaneous knowledge you might have concerning the 2012 Outback Bowl. Current Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo was the Outback Bowl MVP in the Dawgs' 33-6 victory over Wisconsin in 1998.Stay tuned for more postseason FAQ sheets, and stay on top of a hectic postseason slate with our complete 2011-2012 College Football Bowl Schedule .