Weekend Whimsy: Fear the fruit
Assorted bits of light reading to speed you through your Friday.
• Fear the Fruit. Delta State's "Fear the Okra" campaign continues to delight and horrify in equal measure.
• Welcome to the College Football Hall of Fame Tent, sponsored by Coca-Cola. We prefer to think this is just a power play enacted as sort of a protest movement against those who would block the enshrinement of Stephen Garcia's hair.
• What, no Sam Bradford? Starting Monday, you can vote for RGIII's EA Sports sidekick.
• Because why would you want the experience of playing football in front of people. Parents were prohibited at UCLA's Pro Day.
• Barry Switzer movie? Barry. Switzer. Movie. (BARRY SWITZER MOVIE!!!!)
• Hey Show-Me State? Prove it. Mizzou faithful, as SEC neophytes, you're probably going to want to get in some offseason fandom conditioning by completely and disproportionately losing your damn minds over this. Phone lines are open.
• Your weekly catlab. target="_blank">Mack Brown as you'll always remember him, everybody!
• Proof of a benevolent supreme being, with cream gravy. Our own Andy Staples investigates the existence of chicken-fried bacon.
• The Outer Glow filter maybe does not convey the desired effect. Dear alma mater, allow us to perform a small act of community service. We will redo this graphic for you. It will take five minutes, and when we are done, Derek Dooley's new safeties assistant will have both arms and won't look like he's been rolled in fireflies. Intrepid Hokies blogger @thekeyplay has already gotten us started.
• Your Bobby Petrino Pro Day fashion update. Loafers for B-Pet! • It's always a Cody. Via Jason Kirk, we draw your attention to Fresno State freshman offensive lineman Cody Wichmann, who is listed at 310 pounds and recorded four blocked kicks last season. A role model for us all.