• "We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy." Louisiana Tech has hit a vein of inspiration as it campaigns for postseason consideration for Quinton Patton (at right).
• Matt Barkley to UMass! Andy Staples stages a massive college football draft. AJ McCarron from Alabama to South Alabama! Tyler Wilson to Akron! Maryland getting a higher slot in the draft order than Bowling Green!
• Keep stepping, Big E. Eric LeGrand fills in at Monday Morning Quarterback.
• Here is a video of Robbie Caldwell talking about football. No new turkey stories this time, but lordamercy, do we ever miss having Robbie Caldwell around as a head coach. Robbie Caldwell.
• We regret the error. Now entering the corrections hall of fame: "The private hot tub for Coach Chip Kelly and other Duck football coaches in the under-construction football operations center is located off the coaches’ locker room in the project’s so-called teaching box, not next to Kelly’s office, according to plans submitted to the city. An article in Tuesday’s Register-Guard inaccurately reported that the hot tub was next to Kelly’s office. The error stemmed from a misreading of the blueprint." Register-Guard, we see you.
• Tweet of the week. T. Boone needs no further introduction:
Lots of questions about @Drake.My answer: To penmate @DrakeWe've never met but I sure like his pizazz.
— T. Boone Pickens (@boonepickens) July 18, 2012
• FOR PUDDLES! Not gonna lie: These Pac-12 Network videos make us wanna run through walls, in a good way:That'll do it for us this weekend. We're headed to North Carolina for ACC Media Days tomorrow, where we will try to make Paul Johnson smile a human smile. No promises.