This is a 1-pound, half ground beef, half ground bacon burger topped with bacon, peanut butter and jelly. No words. twitter.com/Andy_Staples/s…
— Andy Staples (@Andy_Staples) October 3, 2012
Staples, doing the good work.
• Next food news update of vital importance. None other than the Wall Street Journal measures SEC stadiums' proximity to Waffle Houses, even going so far as to state a measurement in sausage links. We have never felt closer to the WSJ than we do right now.
• Will the Honey Badger return to LSU? A resounding "maybe!" from the Times-Picayune.
• Welp. "According to a study published in the October issue of American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, male non-athletes were more likely than females to increase their alcohol consumption and partying, and decrease their study time, in response to the success of the team." [Via.]
• Today in the Sandusky case. Mike McQueary sues Penn State for defamation.
• Injury report story hour. Georgia announced Wednesday morning that wide receiver Michael Bennett will miss the remainder of the season with a torn right ACL sustained in Tuesday's practice ... Texas running back Malcolm Brown will miss the West Virginia game with a left ankle sprain.
• Schedule matters. Announced games of THE FUTURE: Louisiana-Monroe announces a trip to LSU on September 6, 2014, and TCU and Ohio State schedule a home-and-home we will all hopefully be calling the Little Sisters of the Poor Classic.
• Good question of the day.
@kirkherbstreit why do u get to have one of our new helmets in your office but as a UO player I can't have one when I'm done. Thanks #NCAAMisc. TCU's purple chrome helmets Horned Frogs enemy anagram roster one-ups William Faulkner Terrance Donnels, whom you might know as artist LSUFreek
— Carson York (@CarsonYork) October 2, 2012